Hertfordshire Association of Parish & Town Councils
To lead, give value and help
Subscription rates are calculated on an individual basis taking into account the size of the council, for a quote please contact us.
INDEPENDENCE... INTEGRITY...TRUST... VALUE
Hertfordshire Association of Parish and Town Councils (HAPTC) offers timely advice, training and information specifically for Parish, Community and Town Councils in Hertfordshire. We provide councils with the specialist knowledge to improve and deliver services to your community. As a member you belong to the only county independent organisation for local councils where you can network and learn from one another. Membership gives you a voice in influencing laws and policies that affect what happens in your town or parish. We are trusted to give you solutions to be a successful council and serve the needs of your community.
- Advice and information to member councils for them to use as they deem appropriate, on a range of subjects including: Legal advice service; Employment advice service; Advice on council administration; Policy consultation and advice; National Circulars and Information Bulletins;
- 24 hour website
- Telephone helpline
- Training - The Association runs an extensive programme of training courses to equip Councillors, Clerks, staff and others for their work and interests. HAPTC acts as lead partner for the Hertfordshire County Training Partnership.
- National affiliation - Membership of the Association provides affiliation to the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) which represents local councils at national level as well as providing advice on legal and procedural matters, national publications and regular information bulletins.
Additional services available to members include:
- In-house bespoke training
- NALC Publications
- Structural Review
- On site Councillor Development Programmes
Member council Clerks or Chairmen should contact HAPTC with enquiries by e-mail or telephone.
How we make decisions - Executive Committee
HAPTC is governed by an Executive Committee made up of 15 Councillors elected from its membership who oversee the management of the Association.
Agenda and Minutes for HAPTC and AGM can be found under the "Documents" page with tags "HAPTC" and "Agenda" or "Minutes".
The Association's Financial Regulations and Standing Orders are also here.
HAPTC is an incorporated membership association and funded by member council subscription plus training fees and occasional other income opportunities.
84% of parish councils in Hertfordshire are in membership of the Association. This means that their voice is heard on local issues and at national level. It is hoped that all local councils will join the Association to avail themselves of the support available to them in these changing times for local government.
HAPTC sustains a positive working relationship with the Society of Local Council Clerks Herts Branch via mutual representation on Executive Boards and hosting joint events.