Who should attend?
Councillors and Clerks wishing to know and understand your role and the Council's remit within the overall planning process.
Who is your trainer?
JED GRIFFITHS: MA DipTP FRTPI
Jed Griffiths has lived and worked in Hertfordshire since 1970 including planning policy at Hertfordshire County Council until 1991, when appointed Chief Strategic Planner at East Sussex County Council. Jed left local government in 1994 to set up his own consultancy, Griffiths Environmental Planning, based in Hertford. In 1995 he was President of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
As a consultant, Jed has been involved in a wide variety of projects, from the small-scale householder extensions to work on Local Plans and Neighbourhood Plans. For over 20 years he has been a Senior Associate of Trevor Roberts Associates, the leading firm delivering public sector training. Jed has run training courses for officers and members in over 200 local authorities all over Great Britain.
- The structure of the planning system
- The purpose of planning
- Planning law and policy
- The framework in Hertfordshire
- Local Plans in Hertfordshire:
- Significance/progress/NPPF and the 5-year housing land supply/threats to the Green Belt and countryside/how to engage with local planning authorities/effective representation at the Local Plan Examination/role of Neighbourhood Plans
- Development Management:
- What is development/material change of use/permitted development/types of planning and related development applications/role of Councillors in decision-making/delegated and non-delegated decisions/consultation and notification: how local councils can engage/material considerations in planning decisions
- Decisions, Appeals and Costs