Who should attend?
Councillors, Clerks and anyone with an interest or responsibility within your council for common land or village greens.
Who is presenting?
Kate Ashbrook & Nicola Hodgson from the Open Spaces Society
Is it for you?
1. What are commons and village greens, why they are important and relevant legislation
An introduction to common land and village greens, with a brief history including the relevant legislation.
2. Easements over common land and village greens
3. Works on common land and exemptions: Commons Act 2006 part 3
The law for getting consent for works, exemptions, the process for exchange with case study. How to take action against unlawful works.
4. Management: good practice for developing ideas for the management of commons, livestock on commons
Based on A Common Purpose and Finding Common Ground
5. Practical solutions to problems on commons and greens
Eg car-parking, encroachment, access to private property, vegetation
6. New village greens: registering land as a new green
The law and process, including voluntary registration, the Defra review and the Local Green Space Designation in the National Planning Policy Framework
7. Registration: Commons Act 2006 part 1