Who should attend?
Councillors, Clerks, members of neighbourhood planning committees from your local community and anyone with an interest in neighbourhood planning
Who is presenting?
James Parker, CEO Bishop's Stortford Town Council
What's in it?
This all-day session will provide expert advice and guidance on the creation of a Neighbourhood Plan and give you the essential tools, skills and information you need including
Setting a Vision and Objectives
- Creating a Neighbourhood Plan Team
- The 'Basic Conditions' – limitations on your plan
- Undertaking initial research & consultation
- Developing and testing a vision and objectives for your plan
Developing the Policies
Building a robust evidence base
Developing, testing and prioritizing policy options, writing effective policies
- Including site allocations.
- Keeping the community on board
Successful Examination and Referendum
· Preparing for and undertaking the Pre-Submission Consultation
· Dealing with comments and refining your Plan.
· Preparing your Consultation and Basic Conditions Statements
- Independent Examination
- The run up to a Referendum.