For anyone involved in procuring goods and services, preparing tenders or entering into contracts on behalf of local councils.
This session is an introduction to the basics of procurement for local councils – inviting quotes, producing specifications and tender documentation, achieving competition and value for money, managing contracts.
• Procurement thresholds
• Basic terminology and steps involved in procurement
• Estimates, quotes and tenders
• Quality and value for money
• Advertising, including Contracts Finder
By the end of Contracts and Procurement you will:
• Be aware of procurement thresholds
• Recognise when you must advertise on Contracts Finder
• Understand how to produce a specification for what you want
• Understand the basic terminology and steps involved in procurement
• Be able to ensure your procurement achieves value for money