The Certification in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) can be taken by anyone, but is primarily aimed at parish and town council clerks.
What are the benefits of the CiLCA?
- It is a professional qualification for the Parish and Town Council sector
- Once achieved, it does not have to be re-taken or reviewed
- It is the most significant, readily accessible and nationally recognised qualification aimed at the local council level officers
- It is increasingly expected by councils as they recognise that a CiLCA qualified clerk is more likely to have the knowledge and competency required to give them the support the council deserves
- It develops knowledge, administrative skills, precision of thinking and presentation skills which help a clerk to perform confidently and competently across a range of council tasks
- It is a significant level 3 qualification (described as like an A level) which helps current council employers and creates employment opportunities
- A CilCA qualified clerk contributes to the council's eligibility for the General Power of Competence
- Having a CiLCA qualified clerk helps a council to achieve the Quality or Quality Gold levels of the Local Council Award Scheme.
- See https://www.slcc.co.uk/content/level-3-qualification-cilca/525/
venue for all sessions