The Certification in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) can be taken by anyone, but is primarily aimed at parish and town council clerks. For details of sessions currently available, see the HAPTC electronic bulletin or contact the office
What are the benefits of the CiLCA?
- It is a professional qualification for the Parish and Town Council sector
- Once achieved, it does not have to be re-taken or reviewed
- It is the most significant, readily accessible and nationally recognised qualification aimed at the local council level officers
- It is increasingly expected by councils as they recognise that a CiLCA qualified clerk is more likely to have the knowledge and competency required to give them the support the council deserves
- It develops knowledge, administrative skills, precision of thinking and presentation skills which help a clerk to perform confidently and competently across a range of council tasks
- It is a significant level 3 qualification (described as like an A level) which helps current council employers and creates employment opportunities
- A CilCA qualified clerk contributes to the council's eligibility for the General Power of Competence
- Having a CiLCA qualified clerk helps a council to achieve the Quality or Quality Gold levels of the Local Council Award Scheme.
- See https://www.slcc.co.uk/content/level-3-qualification-cilca/525/