Who should attend?
Councillors, Clerks and Responsible Financial Officers and Finance Officers wishing to identify the financial responsibilities of a council.
Who is presenting?
HAPTC, winner of the NALC "Outstanding Project of The Year" Award 2015 for the Clerk's Leadership Programme.
This course is written and delivered by Carina Helmn – County Officer and Lead Trainer, HAPTC, Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to Kimpton Parish Council.
Carina has worked within the sector since 1993 and as Clerk to Kimpton Parish Council was awarded AON/NALC Clerk of the Year in 2004 in recognition of her commitment to the community. As County Officer she oversees the provision of legal and procedural advice to member councils and represents the parish and town councils on strategic partnerships. She is the Lead Officer for the County Training Partnership and was awarded the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) with Distinction.
Is it for you?
1. Financial procedures and documents specific to a Parish Council
2. Preparation and monitoring of a budget
3. Cash book and bank reconciliations
4. Risk Management and Insurance
5. External funding sources and making grant applications
6. Audit compliance and internal control mechanisms
7. What is the RFO responsible for?
8. Responsibilities of individual Councillors and the Council
9. Parish Councils and VAT legislation
10. Parish Council grant awarding policy for community organisations