Who should attend?
All Councillors, both new into the role, or wishing to update and renew their knowledge.
Who is your trainer?
HAPTC, winner of the NALC "Outstanding Project of The Year" Award 2015 for the Clerk's Leadership Programme.
Carina Helmn – County Officer, HAPTC
Carina has worked within the sector since 1993 and as Clerk to Kimpton Parish Council was awarded AON/NALC Clerk of the Year in 2004 in recognition of her commitment to the community. As County Officer she oversees the provision of legal and procedural advice to member councils and represents the parish and town councils on strategic partnerships. She is the Lead Officer for the County Training Partnership.
Is it for you?
- Legal framework and purpose of a Parish/Town Council
- How do you get things done for your community?
- Council profile and Council documents
- Procedure for Council meetings, role of the Chairman and Councillors
- Standards of behaviour
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of the Clerk
- The Council as an employer
- Promoting the Council
- Working in partnership
- Financial management
- Local Councils and Planning